Terms and Conditions
Deposit: 50% Deposit is payable at the time of making the reservation (Non refundable)
Weekend bookings during the declared snow season require 100% tariff payable immediately to confirm reservation. (Non refundable)
Balance: The balance is payable 60 days prior it arrival (Non refundable)
Payment: Cheques should be made payable to Mt Buller Alpine Reservations and posted to PO Box 7 Mt Buller Vic 3723. We accept credit cards – Visa or Mastercard. (Note: All credit card transactions are subject to credit card fees.) Please contact us should you wish to pay by internet banking; note: reservations are not confirmed with internet transfers until payment is received in our account.
Cancellation Policy: Any cancellation must be made in writing. Deposits are refundable (less a thirty five (35%) administration fee of the total amount) and less any other fees as per the accommodation providers terms and conditions up to 60 days prior to arrival. If less than 60 days notice is given, no refund is applicable. ANY Alterations to reservation dates, (subject to availability) after confirmation will incur a $200.00 process fee. Alterations can only be made within the current declared season to which the booking is made. General refunds are at the discretion of the individual accommodation provider. Note: Any cancellation including snow guarantee cancellations will incur a minimum administration fee of thirty five (35%) percent of the overall amount of the reservation.
Cancellations are not accepted due to weather conditions.
Snow Guarantee Policy The Mt Buller Snow Guarantee means you can book your snow holiday with confidence.
The Snow Guarantee is provided by Buller Ski Lifts and participating Mt Buller accommodation providers to give confidence to members of the public when booking a snow holiday. It’s a money-back guarantee on all prepaid accommodation, lift ticket, rental and lesson packages and it applies if there is insufficient snow cover. The “snow guarantee” applies if the lifts in the below table are not operating for skiing/snowboarding in the two (2) days* prior to the clients arrival.
*From 9 AM 2 days prior to arrival until 5.00PM day prior to arrival
|Periods Covered||Snow Guarantee Lift/s|
|OFF PEAK SEASON||1. OPENING WEEKEND UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE THE VICTORIAN SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.
2. FIRST MONDAY (FOOTNOTE 1) UNTIL SEASON CLOSE.
|BLUE BULLET CHAIRLIFT|
|PEAK SEASON||VICTORIAN SCHOOL HOLIDAYS (FOOTNOTE 2) UNTIL FIRST WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER (FOOTNOTE 3)||BLUE BULLET CHAIRLFIT AND ABOM CHAIRLIFT PLUS ANY TWO (2) OF THE FOLLOWING:
WOMBAT CHAIR, THE FOX CHAIR, SKYLINE T BAR, KOFLERS T BAR, SUMMIT CHAIR, HOWQUA CHAIR OR NORTHSIDE EXPRESS.
FOOTNOTE 1:Starting 3rd of September 2017
FOOTNOTE 2: Starting 1st of July 2017
FOOTNOTE 3: 2nd September 2017
How does it work?
If our Snow Guarantee lifts (see the list below) aren’t operating in the two days before you arrive, you can contact your booking agent to change your booking to a later date or cancel your booking and get your money back. Please note: You can’t take advantage of the Snow Guarantee on the day you arrive nor during your stay, only up to 5pm on the day before you arrive.
As an example, if your scheduled day of arrival is Sunday, then you must call between 9am Friday and 5pm Saturday to take advantage of the guarantee.
|3 DAYs hold on! The Snow might improve||2 DAYS- No snow? You can now apply for a change of date or refund||1 DAY Still no snow? Make sure you apply before 5PM on the day prior to arrival||Arrival day: Snow guarantee is NOT applicable if you have not altered or cancelled your reservation 2 or 1 day prior to this date.|
Exclusions Note: The Snow Guarantee only applies if the lifts aren’t operating due to insufficient snow cover. It doesn’t apply where the lifts aren’t operating due to following:
- Lift closure due to weather conditions other than insufficient snow, eg. wind or ice;
- Lift closure due to mechanical breakdowns or equipment failure.
The Snow Guarantee also doesn’t apply to the following:
- Booking fees or commissions payable to booking agents.
Bonds: Persons booking accommodation are to be responsible for any loss or damage to it. A bond is payable prior to or on arrival for all private apartment reservations; this price is set by the individual accommodation provider. Upon arranging check in you should make yourself aware of this cost. This is refunded provided the apartment is left how you found it on arrival; and undamaged. Keys not returned at time of check out will incur a fee. No additional persons are permitted to stay in the accommodation without authorisation from the accommodation provider and Mt Buller Alpine Reservations. Extra persons staying in the accommodation are charged.
Check In: Check in is generally from 4pm onwards with most accommodation providers and you should confirm your arrival time when arranging collection of keys. NOTE: Some accommodation providers charge a late check in after 10.00PM.
Check Out: Check out is by 10am. A late checkout fee will apply if the property is not vacated prior to or at this time.
We do our best to ensure your arrangements are satisfactory. The standards of the accommodation and other services booked by us are based on various factors, which are generally indicative of a certain class or style of accommodation or service. Mt Buller Alpine Reservations does not accept any liability whatsoever for the acts, omission or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of those coach operators, lodges, hotels, clubs, apartments, ski hire, lift companies or any other persons whom we have no direct or exclusive contract.
Mt Buller Alpine Reservations, its respective agents and employees shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accident, delay, charges in accommodation, breakdown in equipment or vehicles, weather, strike, sickness, theft, cancellation, or of the foregoing shall likewise not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accident, delay or irregularity, whether to property or person, or otherwise arising in connection with any vehicle or transport or other services. The right is also reserved to alter the price, cancel and withdraw any property, component or tour. All fares are subject to change and acceptance of all documents confirms your agreement of these conditions.
Travel Insurance We highly recommend that guests take out travel insurance.
It will cover you in the event of:
- Personal liability, death, accident or illness.
- Damage or permanent loss of luggage and personal effects during travel.
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits that you cannot recover in any other way. Or if your journey is cancelled or shortened at any time through circumstances neither expected nor intended by you, or outside your control.
- Note: Under the provisions of the Health Act it is illegal to cover medical or hospital expenses in domestic insurance policies.
All lift/lesson and ski rental tickets are purchase subject to the conditions printed on Buller Ski Lift tickets/vouchers. The conditions exclude the right to sue Buller Ski Lifts Pty Ltd for personal injury or death.
If Mt Buller Alpine Reservations has provided you with on snow products it is important that you carefully read the following exclusion of liabilty – assumption of risk.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY – WAIVER OF RIGHT TO SUE – YOUR ASSUMPTION OF RISK – THESE CONDITIONS AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS –
Buller Ski Lifts Pty Ltd being the Supplier of recreational services in the Mount Buller Alpine Resort supplies and sells the following recreational services being all access products, including skiing, snowboarding, skiing and snowboarding lessons, the use of the ski and snowboard slopes, and the use of ski lifts and all other associated sporting activities or similar leisure time pursuits (recreational activities) subject to the following conditions:
- By participating in any recreational activities or by using any of the above facilities or services in the Mount Buller Alpine Resort you are deemed to agree to these conditions.
- The Supplier, its employees, directors and agents will have no legal liability of any nature whatsoever arising from any personal injury or death suffered by you due to the recreational activities not being rendered with due care and skill or not being reasonably fit for any purpose which you made known to the Supplier or because they failed to achieve any result reasonably expected by you which you made known to the Supplier or for breach of any other of the consumer guarantees applied by the Australian Consumer Law (Victoria), or due to the negligence, breach of contract or statute or statutory duty by the Supplier.
- You acknowledge that the recreational activities are dangerous with many inherent risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury (including serious personal injury) and sometimes death can occur and you assume and accept all such risks and hereby waive the right to sue the Supplier for any personal injury or death in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from your participation in such activities;
- WARNING: If you participate in these activities your rights to sue the Supplier under the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in paragraphs 2 and 3 of this notice.
- NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in or on this notice, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the Supplier’s part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 23(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012.
- If you purchase any access product or recreational service from the Supplier on behalf of another person, you make that purchase as the agent of the other person who as a consequence is bound by these conditions.
- You must comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code and all signs or other directions of the Supplier, its employees and agents and they may suspend or cancel your access to recreational activities at the Mount Buller Alpine Resort in their absolute discretion for non-compliance with the Code, these conditions, or for reckless or careless conduct.
- You must carry your Buller Ski Lifts Pty Ltd B‑Tag in or on your ski jacket at all times on the ski/snowboard slopes which must be presented to the Supplier’s authorised personnel upon request.
- All Buller Ski Lifts Pty Ltd access products and B‑Tags must not be resold, transferred or altered in any manner. They are valid only for the dates purchased.
These conditions shall be governed by and construed firstly in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria and then in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia. If any of these conditions should be determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining conditions shall remain and continue to be valid, binding and enforceable.
As advised, all bookings are strictly non-refundable. This booking slip is confirmation of the booking and your payment acknowledges acceptance of these booking conditions.
Thank you for your /booking with Mt Buller Alpine Reservations. We hope you enjoy your holiday and look forward to assisting you again in the future.
Mt Buller Alpine Reservations.